Earn an accredited business degree online.
With a business degree or certificate from the University of West Florida, you can advance in accounting, finance or business careers. Study trends in e-business, accounting and taxation, ethical data collection and more. You will be able to speak to current economic issues while developing best practices for management. Our online business school will prepare you for a rapidly expanding career field. The online business curriculum is accredited by AACSB International.
Students in UWF’s comprehensive MBA program may pursue their degree with an optional emphasis. You could also choose the online Master of Accountancy with either the Professional Accountancy or Professional Taxation specialization to become an auditor or revenue specialist. The online Professional Accountancy Certificate program allows you to gain credits for the CPA exam and study for your state’s licensing requirements. With an online business analytics certificate, you can pursue a career as a marketing research analyst, management analyst or cost estimator. Certificates from the online business school are only available for non-degree-seeking students.
Online Business Degrees
- Approach the CPA exam with confidence
- Gain both technical and communication skills applicable to professional accountancy or professional taxation
- Gain a competitive skill set in business and accounting to excel in the field and stand out for the role you want.
- Accredited by the AACSB International, the program prepares you for the CPA exam in Florida.
Acquisition and Contract Administration Certificate
- Fulfill heightened needs for accountability and transparency in public sector procurement
- Focus on public contracting at the federal, state and local levels
Business Analytics Certificate
- Communicate to management the appropriate types of data mining to apply in a business scenario given the data set and organizational context
- Analyze the impact of each recommended course of action and develop effective arguments to support recommendations
Entrepreneurship Online Certificate
- Demonstrate knowledge of aggregate economic activity including national income, price level determination, and economic growth
- Evaluate potential business opportunities, formulate solutions and present findings
General Business, B.S.B.A.
- Prepare for careers in management, information systems, marketing and finance in this AACSB International accredited program.
- Become a multifaceted professional with skills in communication, critical-thinking and the law.
Graduate Business Foundations Certificate Online
- Exhibit and apply concepts and principles of management and marketing
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of e-Business systems planning, development and implementation
Human Performance Technology Online Certificate
- Examine organizational performance from a solution-neutral position
- Analyze and identify root causes of gaps in organizational performance
Human Resources Management Online Certificate
- Add value to organizations as a human resources leader
- Fully online, AACSB-accredited curriculum
Human Resources Management Online Certificate
- Understand the relationship between human resource management and organizational strategy
- Evaluate the bases of pay, including incentives and pay-for-performance systems
Information Security Management Online Graduate Certificate
- Identify potential information security threats and design mitigation plans
- Learn to safely and efficiently protect an organization’s data
Management Development Online Certificate
- Pursue employment in one of the most high-paying fields
- Flexible course choices help align the certificate to your career goals
Online Accountancy Certificate
- Prepare for the CPA exam
- Study for licensing requirements in your state
Supply Chain Logistics Management Online Certificate
- Apply knowledge of supply chain logistics management concepts to solve business management problems
- Utilize analytics to assist in identifying critical logistics issues and opportunities, and in creating and executing supply chain logistics strategies
No programs were found matching the selected filters.
Rapid developments in globalization, economic trends, taxation and big data have led to increased demand for business careers. The overall employment for business and financial occupations is expected to grow faster than the average for most other occupations, at 7 percent through 2028. Business careers often have desirable salaries and advancement potential.
*Business career outlook information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Financial managers address the financial health of an organization with reports, direct investment activities and long-term goals.Median annual salary: $127,990
Marketing Research Analysts
These employees use their research and data analysis experience to forecast trends for businesses and organizations.Median annual salary: $63,120
Why You Should Pursue an Online Business Degree
AACSB International affiliation ensures an innovative, quality business education.
Prepare to pursue licensure, if desired.
Multiple program options lead to diverse career opportunities.
Accreditation & Accolades
The University of West Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Questions about the accreditation of The University of West Florida may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404.679.4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
UWF Online is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. The voluntary agreement among member states and U.S. territories establishes comparable national standards for interstate offerings of postsecondary distance-education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in other states.
Frequently Asked Questions
To begin a certificate program, interested students need to fill out either a graduate or undergraduate non-degree seeking application. Once accepted as a non-degree seeking student, students should contact the College of Business Advising Center and speak to an advisor about course availability and scheduling. Then, complete the online Graduate or Undergraduate Certificate Declaration Form on MyUWF. Current UWF students who would like to pursue a certificate should speak to their advisor.
To begin a degree program, you first need to submit an application for undergraduate or graduate admission (plus a $30 application fee) and be accepted for admission to the University of West Florida. Some programs require a minimum GPA in all previous coursework. Depending on the program, you might also:
- Submit official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions previously attended
- Submit GRE, GMAT or MAT scores
- Submit a letter of intent describing your work experience and reasons for pursuing the degree, including how the degree relates to your career goals
- Submit a sample research paper
- Submit a resume
- Submit letter(s) of recommendation
- Complete the residency application form for tuition purposes
- Complete a departmental application form
Time to completion varies by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. Most certificate programs can be completed in two semesters depending on requirements. Undergraduate degree programs typically take 4 years, although transfer credits can reduce the time to completion. The length of graduate degree programs is anywhere from 12–24 months depending on program requirements and transfer credits.
Yes. Faculty at the University of West Florida are experienced professionals who deliver an online education with the same rigor and benefits of an on-campus program. You will work with course management systems that enhance learning material with multimedia. You will also have the chance to interact one-on-one with classmates and instructors. Depending on the program and course, you will learn in real-time through live lectures and class sessions. Other requirements can be completed on your own schedule when you have the time.
The University of West Florida offers many ways to reduce the cost of your online education. In addition to affordable tuition rates, UWF offers various financial aid options for our online students, including loans, scholarships and grants. Members of the U.S. military, plus their families, are eligible for military discounts, including free tuition through the Yellow Ribbon program and tuition waivers. Active-duty military members receive an out-of-state tuition waiver. Residents of Alabama are eligible for Alabama Differential Tuition, a reduced out-of-state tuition rate. For other costs, you could enroll in a payment plan or secure a short-term loan.
You can expect a rigorous, quality online education in any UWF programs. If you are struggling in an online class, please reach out to your instructor to receive advice and guidance. You will find that our faculty are earnestly invested in your success.