Tuition waivers cover up to 90 percent of the non-resident portion of your tuition and are available to non-Florida residents (including international students) admitted to Online Campus programs and registered for online courses in active pursuit of that degree or certificate. You must pay all other assessed tuition and fees.
Renewal of waivers is not automatic. Waivers requests must be submitted every semester and are not retroactive for previous semesters! For more information, please read the following information and Submit the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application.
Current Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Characteristics:
- 90% out-of-state tuition waiver (waiver of non-residence tuition) for graduate students until degree completion or 45 credit hours.
- 75% out-of-state tuition waiver (waiver of non-residence tuition) for undergraduate students until degree completion or 120 credit hours.
- Out-of-state tuition waivers are not available to students whose residency status has not been confirmed (FL Resident – needs verification); non-Florida residents residing within Florida must complete the necessary paperwork to confirm their residency status for tuition purposes.
- Students living in Alabama who qualify for Alabama residency for tuition purposes are charged a $100 per credit hour. Alabama tuition differential and NOT the significantly higher out-of-state tuition. As such, these students WILL NOT qualify for the Online Campus out-of-state tuition waiver.
- New graduate students to UWF or former graduate students returning after three (3) consecutive semesters claiming Alabama residency should contact the Graduate School for information pertaining to the Alabama out-of-state tuition differential.
- New undergraduate students to UWF or former undergaduate students returning after three (3) consecutive semesters claiming Alabama residency should contact Undergraduate Admissions for information pertaining to the Alabama out-of-state tuition differential.
- International students admitted to any Online Campus program listed below are eligible for the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver.
- 90% of out-of-state tuition is waived for graduate programs; 75% of out-of-state tuition is waived for undergraduate programs.
- Waivers must be requested and eligibility confirmed Every Semester – renewal of waivers is NOT automatic.
Active Duty & Reserve Military Personnel
- Non-Florida resident members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty stationed outside of Florida are provided, per Florida statute, a 100% waiver of all non-resident tuition and non-resident fees. Contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for more information and instructions to apply.
- Non-Florida resident members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty stationed in Florida and their spouse and dependents do not require out-of-state waivers because they are granted Temporary Florida Residency. Contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for more information.
- Renewal of waivers is not automatic. Waiver requests must be submitted every semester.
- Waiver requests are valid only for the CURRENTLY enrolled semester(s). Waiver requests cannot be submitted for previously enrolled semesters.
- If you register for additional course(s) after waiver approval, please submit another waiver including the new course.
- If you withdraw from a course or withdraw from the university, you are liable for fee payment as established by standard university policy. You will not be liable for the amount covered by out-of-state tuition waivers you may be awarded.
- Allow 7 business days for waiver processing. The waiver does not preclude a student’s fee payment responsibility with regard to payment deadlines.
- Note: Self-Supporting and Market Rate programs do not charge more for out-of-state students; therefore they are not eligible for this waiver. A list of these Self-Supporting and Market Rate programs/courses and their pricing is available on the University’s Tuition and Fees page.
Tuition waivers as described above are available to non-Florida residents who are assessed non-resident tuition, admitted to Online Campus programs (below), and registered for online courses in active pursuit of that degree or certificate:
- Accounting, B.S.B.A.
- Criminal Justice, B.A.
- General Business, B.S.B.A.
- Exceptional Student Education, B.A.
- Instructional Design and Technology, B.S
- Interdisciplinary Social Sciences Community Education Specialization, B.A.
- Maritime Studies, B.A
- Psychology, B.A.
- Curriculum & Instruction, Ed.D.
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Criminal Justice, M.S.
- Curriculum & Instruction, Ed.S.
- Accountancy, M.Acc.
- Professional Accountancy
- Professional Taxation
- Business Administration with an emphasis in Aviation Economics Emphasis Online, M.B.A.
- Data Science, M.S.
- English, M.A.
- Exceptional Student Education Comprehensive, M.A.
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Special & Alternative Education
- Healthcare Administration, M.H.A.
- Health, Leisure & Exercise Science, M.S.
- Physical Education and Human Performance specialization
- Health Promotion & Worksite Wellness, M.S.
- Instructional Design and Technology, Ed.D.
- Instructional Design and Technology, M.Ed.
- Technology Leadership
- International Affairs, M.A.
- Mathematics, M.S.
- Political Science, M.A.
- Public Administration, M.S.A.
- Public Health, M.P.H.
- Reading, M.Ed.
Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Business Intelligence
- Database Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Information Security Management
- Management Development
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Acquisition and Contract Administration
- Business Analytics
- Public Health Emergency Management and Infection Control
- Public Health Environmental and Occupational Health
- Graduate Business Foundations
- Health Informatics
- Human Resources Management
- Information Security Management
- Leadership in Public Service and Nonprofit Administration
- Professional Accountancy
- Supply Chain Logistics Management
Students may be eligible for the Online Campus out-of-state tuition waiver if they:
- Are a Non-Florida Resident, being charged the out-of-state tuition, and
- Are admitted to an Online Campus (OLC coded) degree or certificate listed above,
- Enrolled in Online Campus (OLC coded) courses
Who’s not eligible?
- Students enrolled as Academic Common Market students.
- Students not being charge the out-of-state tuition.
- Students unable to prove non-residency.
Fill out the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Form. If you have questions about qualifying, email email@example.com.