After being established in 1963 and opening four years later, the University of West Florida has evolved into an innovative leader in higher education and has awarded more than 100,000 degrees. Based in Pensacola, Florida, the university is home to four academic colleges and the School of Education, offering a variety of bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, as well as a specialist degree and doctorates in education, instructional design and technology, and intelligent systems and robotics. Consistently ranked as a top military and veteran friendly institution, UWF is dedicated to providing an innovative and affordable educational experience for all students.
UWF delivers a learner-focused university education that enables students from varied backgrounds to meet their career and life goals. UWF research and community partnerships advance the body of knowledge and enhance the prosperity of the region and the state.
A fully engaged university recognized for the strength of our graduates, responsiveness to the needs of the state, and an unrelenting competitive spirit.
Our institutional values — shared by students, faculty and staff — make UWF a great place to learn and to work. UWF maintains policies and practices and pursues initiatives congruent with our values.
- Integrity: UWF operates with fairness, respect, and integrity in all matters: Doing the right thing for the right reason.
- Innovation: UWF expands learning as well as knowledge through creating and embracing opportunities for transformational change.
- Caring: UWF is student-centered, crafting a safe, healthy, sustainable, dynamic learning and working environment that fosters individual potential.
- Engaging: UWF promotes a culture of collaboration, cooperation, communication, commitment, and engagement to accomplish shared goals.
- Equity: UWF is committed to providing accessible resources and opportunities for all individuals from different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Diversity: UWF is inclusive, appreciative, and respectful of the diversity among all people and their ideas.