After being established in 1963 and opening four years later, the University of West Florida has evolved into an innovative leader in higher education and has awarded more than 100,000 degrees. Based in Pensacola, Florida, the university is home to five academic colleges, offering a variety of bachelor’s, master’s, specialist and doctoral degree programs. Consistently ranked as a top military and veteran friendly institution, UWF is dedicated to providing an innovative and affordable educational experience for all students.
Our mission at UWF is to:
- provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate education,
- conduct teaching and research that services the body of knowledge, and
- contribute to the needs of professions and society.
A spirited community of learners, launching the next generation of big thinkers who will change the world.
Our institutional values — shared by students, faculty and staff — make UWF a great place to learn and to work. UWF maintains policies and practices and pursues initiatives congruent with our values.
UWF operates with Integrity in all Matters: Doing the Right Thing for the Right Reason.
- Caring: Maintaining a safe, dynamic learning and working environment that fosters the development of individual potential.
- Collaboration: Promoting a culture of supportive and cooperative interactions and communication to advance and achieve shared expectations and goals.
- Creativity: Providing opportunities to imagine, innovate, inspire and express different approaches and solutions to existing and anticipated needs and challenges.
- Entrepreneurship: Encouraging a culture that identifies opportunities to initiate change.
- Inclusiveness: Welcoming, respecting and celebrating the differences and the similarities among people and ideas.
- Innovation: Exploring, expanding and enhancing learning as well as knowledge through transformational experiences.