Widely recognized for its excellent programs, the University of West Florida holds many accreditations, affiliations and rankings.
Accreditations & Affiliations
The University of West Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of West Florida.
The Bachelor of Science in Clinical Lab Sciences – MLT to MLS program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences and is licensed by the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master’s degree in nursing at UWF is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction and Master of Education in Educational Leadership programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
The University of West Florida is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
Social work programs at UWF are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- U.S. News & World Report
- No. 230-301 in best national universities — 2019
- No. 261 in best high school counselor rankings — 2019
- No. 117 in best engineering programs (no doctorate) — 2019
- No. 401 in best business programs — 2019
- No. 200 in best online bachelor’s programs — 2019
- No. 4 best online college in Florida by EDsmart.org – 2019
- No. 3 top performing state university by the Florida Board of Governors — 2017-2018
- No. 4 online and on-campus college in Florida by Schools.com — 2017
- A best southeastern college by The Princeton Review — 2003-2019
- Included in Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings — 2017
- A best college by Money magazine — 2017
- America’s top colleges by Forbes — 2011-2012, 2014-2018
- A best public college or university by Bizjournals.com — 2017
- No. 5 military-friendly school in the U.S. by MilitaryFriendly.com — 2018
- No. 16 on top 60 nursing schools in Florida by NursingSchoolsAlmanac.com — 2018
- No. 3 on 19 most affordable online master’s in computer science by GetEducated.com — 2019