Advance Your Career in Cybersecurity
The online M.S. in Cybersecurity degree from the University of West Florida prepares graduates to be leaders in the protection of data assets and sensitive information. Featuring a curriculum focused on defense techniques, policies, operations and technologies, this program trains students to analyze and respond to potential security threats. It is delivered in a fully online format that blends theoretical learning with hands-on experience and interactive case studies.
With four concentrations to choose from — data security, national security, security management or software and system security — you can customize your degree to meet your career goals. Courses are taught by expert faculty using the Florida Cyber Range, an innovative platform for cybersecurity education. UWF’s graduate cybersecurity program can be completed in two years.
Prepare for in-demand careers and defend organizations against cybercrime with this fully online degree.
Complete the form to receive more information about this program.
Choose one of four career-focused concentrations to gain the right skills for the job you want. Each option aligns with the National Institute of Standards and Technology's NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework categories.
- Learn best practices and techniques for modeling, analyzing and securing data to prevent and investigate digital crimes.
- Study techniques to monitor and manage system and network security processes.
- Prepare for roles like security analyst and data security engineer.
- Use the latest policy and theoretical approaches to lead in today’s global security environment.
- Learn to analyze and respond to national security and cybersecurity threats.
- Pursue careers in intelligence, consulting and public service.
- Gain the skills to oversee tech teams and establish cybersecurity-related policies and procedures.
- Learn to apply management principles in cybersecurity contexts.
- Get qualified for roles such as cybersecurity policy analyst and cybersecurity management analyst.
Software and System Security
- Study defensive programming techniques to reduce the risk of cyber attacks.
- Learn to monitor networks and systems to prevent unauthorized access and investigate digital crimes.
- Develop the skills necessary for careers like penetration tester, cybersecurity specialist and cyber threat analyst.
First Summer Start
Start Date: May 17, 2021
Second Summer Start
Start Date: July 01, 2021
First Fall Start
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Why Should You Pursue Our M.S. in Cybersecurity?
Flexible Online Format
This program is delivered fully online, allowing students to learn on their schedule.
UWF’s online M.S. in Cybersecurity program can be completed in just two years.
Students in this program receive individualized attention from expert faculty with years of relevant experience.
Information Security Analyst
Information security analysts are responsible for developing and implementing security measures for a business’s network and computer systems.
Job growth: 28 percent
Median annual salary: $95,510
Responsible for maintaining an organization’s network security, a network administrator assesses and improves network performance.
Job growth: 6 percent
Median annual salary: $81,10
Database administrators ensure that an organization’s data and sensitive information is secure.
Job growth: 11 percent
Median annual salary: $87,020
Computer and Information Systems Managers
These professionals plan and implement technology strategies in organizations of all types.
Job growth: 12 percent
Median annual salary: $139,220
* Job growth (from 2016 through 2026) and median annual salary (as of 2017) figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.