Become a Leader in the Classroom and Beyond
The online Master of Education degrees from the University of West Florida Online are designed to prepare educators for career advancement. Program options include:
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Each of these degrees combines the latest learning theory with practical applications for your classroom, school or district. The M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction gives classroom teachers a specialized education for their student age group and career goals, while the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program is Florida State accredited and prepares trained teachers to become principals, deans, district supervisors and more. Both programs are taught by scholar-practitioners with years of relevant education experience. The Master of Education in Education Leadership program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Take the next step in your teaching career with a 100 percent online master’s degree.
The list of programs on this page is not a comprehensive list of UWF’s online programs.
Complete the form to receive more information about this program.
Choose the Program that Fits Your Goals
The online Master of Education programs available from the University of West Florida give educators skills to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Complete your master’s in two years as you study on your schedule in a convenient online environment. Options include:
Curriculum & Instruction
- Specializations in elementary, middle-level and secondary education comprehensive
- Promotes evidence-based practices at the school and district level
- Coursework in classroom management, educational research and more
- Prepares educators for the Florida Educational Leadership Exam
- Meets 10 Florida Principal Leadership Standards and associated competencies
- Curriculum includes key topics like curriculum development, budgeting, administration and more
First Spring Start
Start Date: January 08, 2024
Second Spring Start
Start Date: March 04, 2024
First Summer Start
Start Date: May 13, 2024
Why Should You Pursue a Master of Education Degree?
UWF’s online education degrees combine the latest educational theories with practical application.
Both M.Ed. programs feature a hands-on component, including a practicum and action research project.
The M.Ed. Educational Leadership program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Elementary, Middle or High School Teacher
Classroom teachers instruct students in grade-level fundamentals as well as preparing them for learning at the next educational level.
Job Growth: 7–8 percent
Median Annual Salary: $56,900–$59,170
Principals manage school operations, coordinate curriculum and oversee teachers and other staff.
Job growth: 8 percent
Median annual salary: $94,390
Instructional coordinators oversee, develop and implement school curricula and teaching standards.
Job growth: 11 percent
Median annual salary: $63,750
Educational consultants provide guidance to a school or district’s teachers and staff on curricula, teaching styles, resources and more.
Median annual salary: $62,78
* Job growth (from 2016 through 2026) and median annual salary (as of 2017) figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.