Support diverse communities by promoting evidence-based public health initiatives.
By pursuing the University of West Florida’s online bachelor’s degree in public health, you’ll gain the skills necessary to begin or advance your career in a rewarding public health profession, with opportunities across diverse communities. Through the program’s accessible and dedicated faculty, you’ll understand how you can grow professionally and succeed in this field. Moreover, the program’s culminating capstone project focuses on a community of your choosing. This experience helps you prepare to manage projects, collaborate with team members and support health-based solutions to modern problems.
Learn more about how you can enter a growing field that fosters community-level support.
Complete the form to receive more information about this program.
The online bachelor's degree in public health gives you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Total credit hours: 120
- Cost per credit: $218.98
- Maximum number of transfer credits: 90
- Curriculum is based on a blend of competencies outlined by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH) and the Roles and Responsibilities determined by the National Commission of Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC)
- The project-based courses provides real-world public health skills and training
Experienced and Supportive Faculty
- Professors engage in community-based public health research and services
- Practical experience through the online classroom
- Faculty trained in diverse areas of public health
- Faculty engaged in professional public health organizations
First Spring Start
Start Date: January 08, 2024
Second Spring Start
Start Date: March 04, 2024
First Summer Start
Start Date: May 13, 2024
Why Earn an Online Public Health Bachelor's Degree?
The degree’s online instruction will prepare you with practical skills to develop and promote health and wellness practices in diverse populations.
Career-Focused Learning Outcomes
Through career advising from the department and UWF’s Career Services, you’ll be prepared to enter the job market or advance your career in public health.
Independent Research Opportunities
Engage with a community of your choosing and research how best to support innovative health initiatives through the program’s capstone project.
After you graduate with the online bachelor's in public health, you can expect to enter a leadership position across an array of industries. Positions include:
Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
Join organizations and promote industry-approved best health and safety procedures.
Job Growth: 4 percent
Median Annual Salary: $72,530
Offer support to different communities on best health and wellness practices.
Job Growth: 13 percent
Median Annual Salary: $48,140
Health Services Manager
Coordinate, plan and implement business functions to guide positive health outcomes.
Job Growth: 32 percent
Median Annual Salary: $104,280
* Job growth (from 2019 to 2029) and 2020 median annual salary figures from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.